Saturday, June 03, 2017

Boystown's Knee-Popping, Eardrum-Busting Robbery Offender Gets Prison

Suarez | Illinois Dept of Corrections
The third of three men accused of robbing two people on a CTA train and battering a man in Boystown during a night-long crime spree has been sentenced to prison.

Oscar Suarez, 29, received three 6-year sentences to run concurrently after pleading guilty to the September 2015 attacks. He is scheduled to be paroled in September 2019.

Two men who were arrested with Suarez that night—Elohim Bey and Keith Perkins—were sentenced previously.

The Boystown victim suffered a punctured eardrum and a broken kneecap at the hands of Suarez and Perkins during an attack in the 3200 block of North Halsted, according to prosecutors. The duo also took the man's phone before he managed to seek refuge in a taxi cab.

All three men were arrested in the Loop later that night after they allegedly robbed two more people on a Blue Line train.
Bey (left) and Perkins | Illinois Dept of Corrections
In the CTA attacks, one victim told police that Perkins placed him in a chokehold while Suarez went through the victim's pants and took his phone and wallet.

Bey, 23, was charged in connection with the train robberies, but not the Boystown incident. He received a single four-year sentence in February.

Perkins, 25, was sentenced to three concurrent 66-month sentences in March.

----------
Email      Facebook       Twitter       YouTube

15 comments:

  1. Wondering if Sidetrack is still going to worship Kathy Griffin now......

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 charming fellas, their moms must be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says crime doesn't pay in Chicago. That's not much prison time for ruining somebody's future

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good point. How long/how much in medical bills, missed work, time in therapy will this guy spend?? Doesn't seem to fit. I'm sure these guys will be out robbing people again before this poor guy can get his life back to normal. But no news coverage....no go fund me for him...he's left on his own

      Delete
    2. Illinois has some type of victim reimbursement fund. Maybe it's a city of Chicago thing, not sure as I learned about it when it was too late.

      If that don't speak volumes about living there.....

      Delete
    3. The Illinois Attorney General's Office runs the Crime Victim Compensation Program http://www.ag.state.il.us/victims/cvc.html

      Delete
    4. RE the Crime Victim Comp Program:
      So, taxpayers
      - pay for ineffective protection / policing
      - pay to house, feed, supervise and 'retrain' the criminals
      - then also pay the victims, as they suffered due to failed policing of criminals on our payroll.
      And that all makes sense in what parallel universe???....Chicago, Tunneyland, Capplemanville, SmithTown. Just f'ing great!

      Delete
  4. If it was possible to arrest people for stupid looks alone, these divots would be the rest of their lives in a paddy wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure I understand the point of "concurrent" sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three 6 year sentences - parole in 2019. No wonder crime is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What the hell kind of joke is concurrent sentences?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Handsome devils...and I do mean devils.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is a strong correlation with a decline in incarceration rates and an increase in murder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They'll all be back in jail on other charges by 2020.

    ReplyDelete