Shortly after 8 p.m., two teenagers demanded valuables while pointing a gun at a woman on the street near Kenmore and School. The woman went home and her husband called for police.
The victim was getting ready to pick up carry-out dinner when the four offenders approached, placed a gun to his head, and commandeered his 2006 Volvo.
Police believe both robberies were committed by the same offenders, according to a source.
Contents of the man’s vehicle were found in an alley about a block from his home.
About an hour after the carjacking, one of the man’s credit cards was used at a Mobil gas station in the 6700 block of South Jeffrey in the South Shore neighborhood, according to a source.
The offenders are described as black male teenagers armed with one small black handgun. One stands about 6-feet tall and is very skinny. Another is about 5’10” tall and wore a gray and black jacket with jeans.
• Later Friday night a woman told police that she was robbed on a Red Line train at the Sheridan station. The case is not related to the earlier hold-ups, police said.
The victim stated that a black male wearing a patterned face mask and a puffy red NorthFace jacket robbed her at gunpoint around 11:15 p.m. Police searched the area for the offender but came up empty-handed.
A series of hold-up have been reported across the area this week:
|The 2900 block of N. Commonwealth | Google|
• Two Center on Halsted clients were beaten and robbed at the Addison Red Line station around 3:15 p.m. on Monday. The victims told police that three women and four men attacked and robbed them as they stood on the platform. The victims told police that they believed the offenders may have fled back to the Center on Halsted, but cops did not find anyone matching the offenders descriptions there.
The victims lost a large tan purse and eyeglasses to the offenders, who were only described as black. One of the men was wearing a shower cap, the victims said.
• Another woman also reported being robbed by a group of men and women in Boystown this week. The victim said that she was near Halsted and Melrose when a group of six men and women beat her up and stole her phone around 9:15 p.m. on Sunday. The primary offender is described as a 25-year-old black man who stands about 5’10” tall and has short dreadlocks. Another man with a similar description wore a bright red bomber jacket. According to the victim, the entire group fled eastbound on Melrose.
• A Lakeview man told police that three men punched him in the face and body, then stole his wallet as he walked near Roscoe and Marshfield around 6:10 a.m. on Sunday. The offenders cruised up in a car with its lights off, then jumped out and attacked the victim. They are described as black men between 16- and 25-years-old who all wore dark clothing.
Lincoln Park• Three women were robbed at gunpoint Sunday afternoon in the 2500 block of North Burling. Two men each brandished a firearm and took the women’s belongings around 12:30 p.m., police said. The offenders were last seen running toward Lincoln Avenue. Both offenders were described as black male teenagers. One of them has short braids.
According to a source, one of the women’s credit cards was used at a BP station in the 1200 block of South Wabash about 90 minutes after the hold-up.
• Two men wearing ski masks robbed a victim at gunpoint in the 1200 block of West Draper near DePaul University around 2:20 a.m. Wednesday. The victim told police that the offenders may have fled in a black sedan with tinted windows. Both men were black, with one dressed in all red clothing who stands about 6-feet tall. The other man is shorter and wore all black, the victim said.
|Young's Cleaners | VisitClarkStreet.com|