October's record-setting robbery pace showed no signs of slowing in Wrigleyville and Boystown this weekend. And armed robberies have also been reported in nearby areas of Lakeview, Lincoln Park, North Center, and Uptown.
• A cab driver told police that he was punched in the face and robbed of his phone and money by two passengers in the 400 block of West Belmont early Sunday. The cabbie said a white man and a 5’3” Asian woman attacked him around 3:30 a.m. and fled toward the lake. Both offenders wore Cubs attire.
|Subway, 901 West Belmont | Google|
Police said the offender is a black man who wore a dark blue jacket, dark blue jeans, and white gym shoes. He fled east on Belmont from the store.
• Boystown’s Halsted strip claimed another robbery victim at 2:45 a.m. Saturday.
The victim reported that a group of offenders jumped him in the 3300 block of North Halsted and stole his medium-sized orange fitness bag. He said the primary offender is a 6-foot tall, thin black man wearing a three-quarter-length shirt with a white tee underneath and blue jeans.
This mugging made a cameo in Chicago Tribune coverage of a double-shooting that unfolded 15 minutes later near Belmont and Kenmore:
Before the shooting, Ferrell’s friend had been robbed. He had been helping his friend look for his stolen duffel bag, which contained a manuscript.
ElsewhereLAKEVIEW — Three high school students were robbed at gunpoint near Addison and Western Sunday evening. Police said the offenders are known to at least one of the victims.
The three offenders approached the victims around 8 o’clock, took their soccer gear and phones, and then fled north on Western Avenue, police said.
One of the offenders may be a student at an Albany Park-area high school.
• • •UPTOWN — A woman was beaten in the face and threatened with a knife during an armed robbery at 8:40 p.m. Saturday. The victim said she was attacked and robbed of her purse near Broadway and Sunnyside by a tall, skinny black man in his late 20’s who was wearing a black jacket. An ambulance crew treated the victim for minor injuries.
• • •LINCOLN PARK — Two men were robbed at gunpoint by a pair of offenders in the 2600 block of North Stockton Drive around 10 p.m. on Thursday.
The offenders pulled out a handgun, took the victims’ wallets and phones, then fled in a black SUV, police said.
Wanted are two black men in their 20’s. One is short and thin. The other wore a green mask, the victims said.
• • •NORTH CENTER — Investigators believe the armed robbery of two victims in the 4200 block of North Damen on Thursday evening is related to the earlier robbery in Lincoln Park.
Two robbers approached the victims around 11:15 p.m., pulled out a handgun and announced a robbery around 11:15 p.m. They fled with the victims’ Galaxy Note, phone, and cash.
As in the Lincoln Park heist, the offenders fled in a dark SUV that may have Uber and Lyft stickers in its rear window.