He describes the attackers as two black men and one black woman. One of the men wore a dark green hoodie and the female wore a black sweatshirt, he said said.
Up, Up, And Away!There were 123 reported robberies in Wrigleyville and Boystown during the first eight months of this year, up from 76 cases during the same period last year. That's a 62% increase.
But, the real robbery action over the past week has been outside of our immediate neighborhood--in Uptown:
- 2:30 AM today, 4500 block of North Malden: Victim reports that two offenders armed with handguns forcibly took his white 2007 Dodge Nitro. Offenders are described as young black men wearing black hoodies. Both displayed handguns, the victim said.
- 11:30 PM yesterday, 4300 block of North Western (North Center): Victim reports that three offenders robbed her of a "flashy neon pink purse" that contained her wallet, green card, and $40 cash. She describes the offenders as two or three black or Hispanic men who pulled their shirts up to cover their faces. One of the offenders is "really short," perhaps only 5'2" tall, the woman said.
- 9:10 PM Saturday, 4700 block of North Clarendon: Victim says a gunman pointed a pistol at the back of his head and took $300 in cash. The offender's described as a 5'6" Hispanic man who wore a black tee shirt with white lettering.
- 8:25PM Friday, 4600 block of North Marine: Victim is beaten and robbed of cash and a leather satchel by two offenders. One is a heavy-set black man who stands about 5'3" tall and weighs 250 pounds. The other is a man dressed as a woman, at least 6'2" tall, wearing pink underwear on his head. The cross-dressing offender resembles one of the robbers in another recent Uptown robbery.
- 1:20 PM Tuesday, 4400 block of N. Clifton: Woman reports that she was getting out of her car when an attacker pushed her back into the vehicle and stole her small red purse. She describes the offender as a black man in his upper 20's, 5'10" tall, with a gray tee shrit, black pants, and gym shoes. He was last seen running southbound on Clifton.