Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Another Lakeview Restaurant Burglarized As April Averages 3 Break-Ins Per Day

Despite a couple of recent arrests, burglaries continue to be reported at breakneck speed around Lakeview, Lincoln Park, and neighboring communities.

An employee arrived for work Saturday morning at Farm Bar, 1300 W. Wellington, only to find that Lakeview restaurant had been burglarized overnight. Surveillance images of a suspect have been posted to Facebook. A second person was also involved, according to information posted with the pix.

“All of our staff were OK, thankfully,” a Farm Bar manager wrote, “but we did lose a laptop and a good amount of cash.”

The Break-In List

• Home burglary. 1700 block of W. Newport. Tuesday, April 12.
• Home burglary. 1200 block of W. Montana. Tuesday, April 12, at 3:30AM. (Victim woke up to find her back door open and her purse missing.)
• Home burglary. 2600 block of N. Hermitage. Monday, April 11.
• Another home burglary. 2900 block of N. Hermitage. Also on April 11. (The victim told police that the burglary took place while they were sleeping at night.)
• Apartment break-in. 800 block of W. Roscoe on Sunday, April 10.
• Burglary of a dry cleaner, 2500 block of N. Southport. Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of a home in the 2300 block of N. Ashland. Also on Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of an apartment. 2800 block of N. Cambridge. Wednesday, April 6.
• Burglary of a home in the 2400 block of N. Ashland. April 6.
And, finally, these cases have been reported according to police records:

DATEBLOCKTYPE OF ENTRYLOCATION
4/4/2016 9:30:002700 N GREENVIEW AVEUNLAWFUL ENTRYRESIDENCE
4/4/2016 21:00:003400 N HALSTED STUNLAWFUL ENTRYOTHER
4/4/2016 23:00:002900 N ASHLAND AVEUNLAWFUL ENTRYGARAGE
4/5/2016 8:00:00900 W CUYLER AVEUNLAWFUL ENTRYAPARTMENT
4/5/2016 10:00:002400 N ASHLAND AVEUNLAWFUL ENTRYRESIDENCE
4/5/2016 16:00:003800 N CLARK STFORCIBLE ENTRYRETAIL STORE
"Forcible entry" means that the offenders forced their way in, typically by breaking through a door or window. "Unlawful Entry" means that no force was used--a window left unlocked, for example.

You can support CWB's newsgathering efforts with a donation to our Tip Jar.
----------
Email us. Facebook us. Twitter us.

17 comments:

1. I'll be out of Chicago by the end of the year.
    Not sure where to move.
    Any suggestions?

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evanston and Skokie are viable as they're directly connected by the CTA if you don't want to stray too far, as well as still have easy access back in order to see friends/family. I like Oak Park but haven't lived there, but I've never had any problems on the Green Line.

I'm currently in Evanston but looking to move out of the county completely within the year, tired of paying into C(r)ook county and the city council here seems intent on making this Lincoln Park North.

2. Toronto Canada would be my ideal city but St. Charles is nice. 30 miles away from crook county and Chicago and no CTA.

2. I saw on the news a few days ago that 3,000 millionaires moved out of Chicago last year alone. It said that most people seem to be going to Miami, Austin and Nashville. I'm out in 12-18 months for Texas. Not a move I'd have ever made, but what the so-called leaders of this city have allowed is beyond what is acceptable anymore. So sad to leave a home I loved so much. No more.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read the same article as well.
      Most were moving because of racial tensions and crime/violence!

2. Here's the article:

3. Henderson, Nevada. on par with Naperville, IL.

A suburb of Las Vegas!

No Snow and brutal cold to deal with! No income taxes! Lower cost of living! ETC.

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the easiest move you'll ever do. We sold our condo, took expat jobs, and moved to Singapore. Great weather, lots of interesting people, and SAFE! Read what you want into that.

2. Wait until June. No brutal cold, but triple digit summers are the norm.

3. I'll be snow birding back and forth because I will be retired!

Besides the older you get the heat is better than the brutal cold, snow and ice to walk in!

4. I moved To Seattle last summer and love it. Hated leaving my friends in Chicago as I spent 18 years there but enough was enough.

ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I refuse to won property in the city. A few more years of this and who will want to move here and stay? I cant imagine raising children in this city.

ReplyDelete
  6. Look into the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area. It is the fastest growing metroplex in the country. Gas is cheap, homes are cheap, no tax, good schools, good weather. I'm was just down there for a few job interviews. I can't leave this corrupt liberal infested city fast enough

ReplyDelete
  7. Shameful what Rahm, Tunney have done to Lakeview.

ReplyDelete
  8. And now the proposed tax based on mileage driven? Hey Illinois, gonna pack up our TWO businesses and head outta here. Sell the house in this shithole of a city for loss and still win elsewhere.

Have fun with this most recent round of flight.

Congrats Tiny Dancer! You are the ONLY person on the north protected by police anymore. 'tis a shame that they all despise you.

ReplyDelete
  9. Most of these actually aren't in Lakeview but Lincoln Park. Only 6 of the 24 listed are in Tunney's ward. Share the love with his neighbors!

ReplyDelete