An employee arrived for work Saturday morning at Farm Bar, 1300 W. Wellington, only to find that Lakeview restaurant had been burglarized overnight. Surveillance images of a suspect have been posted to Facebook. A second person was also involved, according to information posted with the pix.
“All of our staff were OK, thankfully,” a Farm Bar manager wrote, “but we did lose a laptop and a good amount of cash.”
The Break-In List
• Home burglary. 1700 block of W. Newport. Tuesday, April 12.
• Home burglary. 1200 block of W. Montana. Tuesday, April 12, at 3:30AM. (Victim woke up to find her back door open and her purse missing.)
• Home burglary. 2600 block of N. Hermitage. Monday, April 11.
• Another home burglary. 2900 block of N. Hermitage. Also on April 11. (The victim told police that the burglary took place while they were sleeping at night.)
• Apartment break-in. 800 block of W. Roscoe on Sunday, April 10.
• Burglary of a dry cleaner, 2500 block of N. Southport. Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of a home in the 2300 block of N. Ashland. Also on Saturday, April 9.
• Burglary of an apartment. 2800 block of N. Cambridge. Wednesday, April 6.
• Burglary of a home in the 2400 block of N. Ashland. April 6.And, finally, these cases have been reported according to police records:
|DATE||BLOCK||TYPE OF ENTRY||LOCATION|
|3/31/2016 8:00:00||1100 W BARRY AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||OTHER|
|3/31/2016 12:00:00||3900 N JANSSEN AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/1/2016 7:00:00||4200 N KENMORE AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||GARAGE|
|4/1/2016 13:00:00||900 W ROSCOE ST||ATTEMPT||APARTMENT|
|4/1/2016 23:26:00||1700 W FULLERTON AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||RETAIL STORE|
|4/2/2016 0:01:00||2500 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/3/2016 17:00:00||1500 W ALTGELD ST||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/3/2016 19:15:00||4700 N CLARENDON AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/4/2016 6:30:00||4400 N WOLCOTT AVE||FORCIBLE ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/4/2016 9:30:00||2700 N GREENVIEW AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||RESIDENCE|
|4/4/2016 21:00:00||3400 N HALSTED ST||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||OTHER|
|4/4/2016 23:00:00||2900 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||GARAGE|
|4/5/2016 8:00:00||900 W CUYLER AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||APARTMENT|
|4/5/2016 10:00:00||2400 N ASHLAND AVE||UNLAWFUL ENTRY||RESIDENCE|
|4/5/2016 16:00:00||3800 N CLARK ST||FORCIBLE ENTRY||RETAIL STORE|
"Forcible entry" means that the offenders forced their way in, typically by breaking through a door or window. "Unlawful Entry" means that no force was used--a window left unlocked, for example.
You can support CWB's newsgathering efforts with a donation to our Tip Jar.