|Henigan (Cook Co. Sheriff's Office)|
A change purse that had been inside the Porsche was found in Henigan's pocket, police say, and an $800 Specialized brand Rockhopper bicycle that had been hanging on the garage wall was found in the alley.
Bail for 41-year-old Henigan is set at $75,000.
State records show that he was paroled on July 1 after serving half of a 12-year burglary sentence that he received in 2009. His previous sentences and convictions include 1 year for shoplifting in 2006; 9 years for burglary in 2002; 6 years for burglary in 1999; 7 years for burglary in 1995; another 7 years for burglary in 1995; 7 years for receiving or possessing a stolen vehicle in 1992; and 4 years for burglary in 1989.
Felon On Ice
|Ortiz (Cook Co. Sheriff's Office)|
It turns out that police had been looking for Ortiz since they discovered that he apparently sold goods stolen from an Irving Park burglary to an area pawn shop.
Police say Ortiz suffered a broken rib during his attempt to get away from the witness who chased him down. He's facing criminal damage to property charges in that case.
A judge ordered Ortiz held without bail on Wednesday.
More ReportsThe latest batch of burglaries reported in our neighborhood include:
- January 20, 1200 W. Fletcher, unlawful entry
- January 21, 800 W. Newport. Neighbor found victim’s front door kicked in.
- January 23, 800 W. Newport, unlawful entry
- January 23, 3800 N. Fremont, unlawful entry
- January 23, 800 W. Grace, unlawful entry
- January 23, 500 W. Melrose, forcible entry
- January 24, 800 W. Buckingham, unlawful entry.