Well, the Chicago Police Department just issued a community alert to warn Wrigleyville and Boystown residents of….a surge in burglaries!
According to the alert, the offender(s) have been entering apartments through unlocked windows during evening and overnight hours.
Detectives have linked the following break-ins:
• 600 block of W. Roscoe between 10 pm and 8 am on 27 -28 August 2015.A suspect was seen in the Sheffield incident. He’s described as a 6-foot-tall white man who weighs between 170 and 200 pounds. (Sounds like a tight squeeze for some windows that we’ve seen around here.)
• 3400 block of N. Sheffield at approximately 12:30 am on 28 August 2015.
• 3200 block of N. Seminary between 10 pm and 2:30 am on 28-29 August
• 800 block of W. Newport between 1 am and 7 am on 29 August.
• 700 block of W. Barry between 9:30 pm and 1 am on 29 August.
Police also confirm CWB’s report that two of the burglary victims also had their cars stolen..
Anyone with information is asked to contact Area North Detectives at (312) 744-8263 in reference to pattern P15-N-195 (CA.
But Wait, There's More...CWB has also learned of two other burglaries in the immediate area:
A resident of the 1300 block of Roscoe came home around 11:30PM Monday and found a door forced open and their home burglarized. A report was filed.
And, Sunday evening, two women returned to their apartment in the 3500 block of North Halsted, only to discover their home had also been ransacked and burglarized.