|The burglar(s) in action at Lakeview Smoke Shop (top) and Clark St. Sports.|
Salon Envy at 2658 N. Halsted became the latest shop to be victimized. Employees found the back door popped open as they arrived for work Friday morning.
Detectives are reviewing video from nearby surveillance systems.
Police have issued two alerts to businesses recently, warning of late-night burglars who break in through front glass as well as late-night burglars who break through back doors.
ABC7Chicago's Ben Bradley this week aired surveillance videos that show images of a man burglarizing two of the stores.
Among the establishments that have been targeted:
• Cash America, 3900 N. Broadway, July 23
• Lakeview Smoke Shop, 2657 N. Clark, July 22 and July 16
• Subway restaurant, 3706 N. Southport, July 13
• Liberty Travel Agency, 2443 N. Clark, July 14
• House of Wings, 2447 N. Clark, July 14
• Subway restaurant, 2938 N. Broadway, July 16
• Cutforth Hair Studio, 618 W. Addison, July 18
• Lutz Bakery, 2458 W. Montrose, July 18.
• Clark Street Sports, 3465 N. Clark, July 6.