Police have connected the spree to a group of two or three men, two of whom are seen in surveillance photos issued along with the alert.
Among the stores targeted have been the 7-Eleven near Ashland and Diversey in Lakeview and another 7-Eleven near the Armitage Brown Line station.
A copy of the police alert is available in PDF form here.
The following is the text of the alert:
About the Crime:￼This alert gives notice to businesses operating in the above districts, of Armed Robberies of a small retail stores in those districts. Anywhere from one to three offenders enter the small retail stores and announce a robbery while armed with handguns.
About the Offender(s)The offenders have been described as one to three, male blacks between the ages of 17- 25. They are between 5'7" – 5'11" tall and weighing approximately 150 -175 lbs. They are wearing black hooded sweatshirts and white gloves while armed with handguns.
See attached photos.
Incident times and locations:• 1500 block of N. Damen on June 17, 2015 at 4:40am.
• 900 block of W. Armitage on June 26, 2015 at 4:00am
• 1400 block of N. Milwaukee on June 28, 2015 at 11:30pm.
• 2800 block of N. Ashland on July 3, 2015 at 12:30am.
• 3500 lock of N. Pulaski on July 19, 2015 at 12:30am.
What you can do:• Be aware of this crime and alert other businesses in the area.
• Employees should call 911 to report any suspicious person(s) that may be lingering around their business.
• Business owners should ensure that their business is equipped with a working video surveillance system and hold up alarm.
• Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information.
If you have any information Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8263
HY-304465, HY-316265, HY-320013, HY-325490, HY-346428