|Lakeshore Bike (Yelp)|
Officers were called to Lakeshore Bikes, just north of the tennis courts at Addison and Lake Shore Drive, around 10 o’clock yesterday morning. There, the owner reported that a number of high-end bikes and parts had been taken by burglars who forced their way into his shop overnight. Case HX427879.
|A CWB reader sent these photos of a man|
he says used a tool to enter an apartment
building in the 3700 block of Clark in order
to steal packages. Yes, that white bag is
full of parcels, our reader says.
Other notable break-in news:
• An officer responding to a loud alarm in the 3400 block of Janssen on Thursday evening found the screen cut out and window raised in a basement apartment. The victim was not on-scene, so no report was immediately filed.
• Friday morning, front glass was broken out of the Sprint store at 2850 Broadway in an attempted burglary.
• Sunday morning, a restaurant in the 3800 block of Broadway reported that burglars forced their way in overnight. Case HX427793.
Additional burglaries reported in the area during the first week of September according to city data:
- September 1, forcible entry in the 1000 block of Dakin. Case HX411504.
- September 7, unlawful entry in the 3800 block of Lakewood. Case HX418976.
- August 29, forcible entry in the 3200 block of Lakewood. Case HX408668.
- September 3, forcible entry in the 3800 block of Clark. Case HX414935.
- September 4, forcible entry in the 600 block of Cornelia. Case HX421658.