|Locations of possibly-related |
"young" gunmen robberies since Thursday.
In addition (and unrelated) to the “Young Guns” cases, a man was beaten and robbed by 8 to 10 offenders under the Belmont L tracks early Saturday morning.
Gunmen Target WomenCWB first reported on“Young Guns” robberies Thursday after a woman and her friend were held up by three “young” men of unknown race in the 1000 block of Roscoe around 12:55AM. The incident was unusual in that all three offenders were said to have produced handguns during the robbery. Since then, at least three more robberies have been reported in which multiple offenders, specifically described as young, pulled handguns on female victims.
Southport/Roscoe-area hold-up: At 12:49AM Friday, a woman and another person walking together near Southport and Roscoe were robbed by two male Asians or Hispanics who both produced semi-automatic handguns. The offenders took at least one purse and fled westbound toward Ashland. The black and tan purse contained $70, an iPhone4, and a Kindle reader. Case HX415928.
1) Male, Hispanic or Asian, gray or white t-shirt, jeansGrace Street robbery: Around 1:25 this morning, a woman was approached in the 1000 block of Grace by two young males who produced at least one handgun and took her iPhone and wallet. They were last seen heading westbound on Grace and may have gotten into a dark-colored sedan occupied by two other male Hispanics in the 1100 block of Grace. Case HX417394.
2) Male, Hispanic or Asian, dark colored t-shirt, jeans
Descriptions of the two offenders who approached the woman:
1) Male, white, late teens, no further descriptionUptown robbery: Twenty minutes after the Grace Street robbery, a woman and her sister were robbed at gunpoint by two young men or teens, both of whom produced handguns, in the 1400 block of Sunnyside—just north of Graceland Cemetery. Case HX417418
2) Male, Hispanic, 18-19 years old, 5’6” tall, medium build, thin mustache, gray hoodie
1) Male, Hispanic, 15 to 21 years old, white hoodie“Kids” with gun on Belmont: Notably, a convenience store employee called police to the 1000 block of Belmont around 11:20 Friday night after five “skinny kids” caused a disturbance and a gun was seen in one of their waistbands.
2) Male, Hispanic, 15 to 21 years old, gray hoodie, blue pants
According to the clerk, a young, skinny white male wearing a Bulls jersey had a gun in his pants. He was accompanied by three to four young Hispanic men or teens, one of whom had a bunch of tattoos and wore a sleeveless red t-shirt.
Man Beaten, Robbed By MobPassers-by called 911 at 4:50 this morning to report an intoxicated man being beaten up and robbed by a group of men under the Belmont Red Line tracks. Arriving officers found the victim lying in the street at Belmont and Sheffield. He had been beaten by “8 to 10” black men who jumped him and took his white iPhone. CPD strong arm robbery case HX417481.
Yesterday, CWB shared the story of an Everyblock user who claims that he was beaten and robbed by perhaps a dozen offenders at Belmont and Sheffield last month.