|An informational flier distributed by friends and family of Jacob Klepacz|
is secured to a light pole outside of Dugout sports bar in Wrigleyville.
Klepacz is believed to have spent some of his final hours
at Dugout, drinking with apparent strangers.
For more than 10 weeks, Klepacz's friends and family struggled with the Chicago Police Department's classification of his case as a "death investigation." That changed yesterday when the Cook County Medical Examiner ruled that Klepacz died in a blunt force trauma homicide. Motive: apparent robbery.
Days after Jacob's death, detectives attended a neighborhood CAPS meeting where they cryptically stated that their investigation was "moving in the right direction" but that they were waiting for "science."
Let's hope that the science is in and the justice can begin.
- DEATH INVESTIGATION: Man Found Beaten On Fullerton Dies; Had Been In Wrigleyville, Streeterville
- SOURCE: Strangers, Beating Victim Met On Red Line
- LATEST: After Dugout, Jacob Klepacz Rode Red Line To Howard Terminal With Man Who Would Later Call 911
- UPDATE: Latest On The Jacob Klepacz Case
- JACOB KLEPACZ: Friends Set Up Social Media, Flyer Campaign; An Unfortunate Coincidence
- KLEPACZ CASE: Cops Offer Nothing At Community Meeting; "Extremely Concerning"
- JACOB KLEPACZ CASE: The Long Wait For "Science"