A third person was robbed at the Addison Red Line station this morning. That offender is in custody.
In the first incident, a Lake View man was beaten and robbed of his wallet on the north side of Belmont along the L tracks around 2:15AM while two marked Chicago Police Department Transit Detail units sat nearby. The victim walked up to one of the conveniently-located and ineffectual units to report the attack.
A police flash described the offender as male, black, in his early 20's, 5'7" tall, and 150 pounds. 19th district officers gave the man a ride to his nearby home. Recorded as a strong arm robbery in CPD case HX323323.
Then, at 4:45AM, officers were called to the Dunkin' Donuts at Belmont and Clark to meet a victim who had been beaten and robbed outside of Big & Little's restaurant at 1034 W. Belmont. Few additional details are available at this early hour.
In the Addison Red Line station robbery, a 19th district CAPS officer saw strong arm attack in progress at 5:27AM and took the offender into custody. The matter is recorded in CPD case HX323440.
- Egor's Dungeon robbed at gunpoint, 3:45PM June 8th.
- Man is strong arm robbed at Subway restaurant, 3:48AM June 14
- Victim strong arm robbed with a "dangerous weapon" on the sidewalk outside of Chicago Apartment Finders, 11PM June 15
- Man chased down, beaten, and robbed in the street by three offenders under the Belmont L tracks, 4:20AM June 17th.
- Victim robbed at gunpoint on the street near 3144 N. Sheffield, 2AM on June 21.
- Attempted robbery at knifepoint fails on the sidewalk at 3AM on June 21.
- Man knocked unconscious and robbed in front of multiple witnesses, 12:45AM June 22.
- A man is strong arm robbed at Belmont and Halsted, 1:20AM June 22.
- Man is beaten and robbed along the L tracks, 2AM June 29.
- Man beaten and robbed outside of Big & Littles, 1034 Belmont, 4:45AM June 29.