Sunday, May 04, 2014

UPDATE: Latest On The Jacob Klepacz Case

Jacob Klepacz (Facebook)
Chicago police continued their work on the case of Jacob Klepacz, who suffered severe head injuries and died after being beaten early last Monday.

The latest info that we've gathered:

• Detectives had been working to interview two other strangers who drank with Klepacz and the 911 caller at Dugout sports bar in Wrigleyville four hours before police were called.

• While all four individuals are seen on Dugout's surveillance video, only Klepacz and the 911 caller have been seen on CTA video after the Dugout. As we previously reported, Klepacz and the 911 caller took the Red Line all the way to the Howard terminal after leaving Dugout.

• A police source believes the case has been or will be changed to homicide from "death investigation"—a decision that relies heavily on autopsy findings—but the source could not say with certainty if that had been done as of Sunday afternoon.

Jacob Klepacz's friends and family are asking anyone who may have information to contact detectives at 312-744-8263 and refer to case HX239937.

You may read more about Jacob's case in our initial report as well as our first and second follow-ups.
Email us.  Facebook us. Twitter us.


  1. formerly amused, now just disgusted.May 5, 2014, 8:31:00 AM

    whats taking so long?? possibly yet another incident involving some clouted, intoxicated jagoff with roots in local govt???? it would not suprise me in the least.

    1. The real world is not "Law and Order: SVU," where murders are solved and prosecuted in an hour between commercials. That is especially so in this case where the victim and others involved demonstrated extremely bizarre behavior even for someone being intoxicated and the credibility of the so-called witness is under question.

  2. It's good to want things, but in real life complicated situations like this take time.

  3. Jacob was a really great guy and this situation has been devastating for all who loved him....wishing justice and peace for his family, whatever time it takes.

  4. It's true it's not solved in 50 takes time.

  5. Just hope they get the guy or guys who did this. It's sickening to think that he was targeted like this, who cares if he was drinking or drunk No one deserves this. He was 32 years old and he should have been able to get home safely after a good time watching the Hawks. Peace and answers to his family.